Hello everyone! Can you guess what the biggest news story of the day is? … Yep, that’s right, Emmy nominations! I’m going to tell some of them and give you a link to check out the whole list and then of course move on and find some other news. 🙂 On another note, did anyone watch the Dark Blue premiere last night? I haven’t had a chance yet, probably won’t until tomorrow, but I’d love to hear your feedback on it!
All the news after the jump
Here’s the link for the complete list of the Emmy nominations, read and then compare to my lists. What do you have to say? What are the things that made you upset or happy?
Okay, let’s start with what is good about the nominations:
1. How I Met Your Mother FINALLY getting the recognition it deserves and earning a nod in the Best Comedy category. About time, this show is absolutely hilarious.
2. Jim Parsons getting a nomination for Best Actor in a comedy series for his work on The Big Bang Theory. He’s brilliant, and so deserving.
3. Kristin Chenoweth nominated for Pushing Daisies. Enjoy her immensely!
4. Betty White getting a nomination for her guest stint on My Name is Earl, was an inspired choice.
5. Simon Baker gets a nod for Best Actor in a Drama for his work on The Mentalist. One of my favorite new shows, so I’m thrilled he got credit for his great work.
6. The amazing Michael J. Fox got a nomination for best guest actor in a drama for Rescue Me. Great decision, Fox is a wonderful actor and deserves this he was great in that role.
7. CCH Pounder gets a nod for her guest appearance on the new drama The No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency. Wow! Her storyline on this show was great and I’m so glad that this show got some recognition.
8. Four nominations for choreographers on So You Think You Can Dance. I was excited to see this especially with the nod for Bleeding Love by Tabitha and Napolean, that was a killer routine. For a look at all the routines they got nominations for head over to E!Online
9. Chandra Wilson getting a nomination for both Grey’s Anatomy and her role in the TV movie Accidental Friendship. She deserves them for both, loved her in both.
10. Big Love deserves it’s nomination for Best drama series, even if it is up against the awesomeness that is Lost, Dexter and Mad Men.
Now unto the bad things.
1. Family Guy getting a nomination for best comedy series. Granted, the show is funny but not best comedy funny, that space could have gone to The Big Bang Theory or Chuck.
2. What’s with True Blood not getting any acting nominations? Anna Paquin was great in the series, shame on you Emmys.
3. Friday Night Lights getting the cold shoulder again. *sigh*
4. 30 Rock getting WAY too many nominations, come on people it’s not that hilarious.. really it’s not.
5. Cat Deely from So You Think You Can Dance deserves a nomination so much more than some of the others. What a shame.
6. So you Think You Can Dance deserves to be in the best reality series category.
7. Chloe Sevingny, Jeanne Tripplehorn and Ginnifer Goodwin all deserved nods for their work on Big Love.
8. Kevin McKidd and Justin Chambers both had an amazing season on Grey’s Anatomy. They so deserved nominations 🙁
9. I think that both John Noble and Fringe as a whole deserved more nominations than just special effects!
10. Finally, Boston Legal, *gag* get over it already it’s not that great.
There are my Top 10 good, and bad things, although I’m sure I could have gone on and on if I wanted to lol.
Moving on. Seeing as it’s a slow news day besides Emmy stuff, how about a nice spoiler chat with dish on Grey’s Anatomy, Bones, Gossip Girl and others? Sounded good to me too 🙂 Remember and I hate to sound repetitive but don’t click the link if you don’t want to read SPOILERS
One last bit of news, according to Korbi at Zap2It, Mischa Barton ( The OC) has been hospitalized for a psychiatric issue. We all hope she recovers quickly and we’ll be looking for her in the fall on the new CW show The Beautiful Life.
That’s it for today. Don’t forget Big Brother tonight at 8 pm on CBS and So You Think You Can Dance result show at 9 pm on Fox. Check back tomorrow for my thoughts on SYTYCD eliminations!