Saturday is the 2-hour series premiere of Survivors on BBC America at 8/7c. Set in the present day, the new series focuses on the world in the aftermath of a virulent disease that scoured the planet, wiping out 99% of the human race. Only a lonely few are left to start over in a devastated world where everything that was once safe and familiar is now strange and dangerous. A bewildered but resilient group of survivors is led by Abby Grant, a woman whose strength comes from a burning need to find out if her young son is still alive. Other members of the group include Greg (a good man who hides the pain of his past), Anya (a doctor who has seen too many people die) and Al, a former playboy who becomes surrogate father to streetwise urchin Najid. Then there is Tom, outwardly handsome and charming, but actually a dangerous and ruthless man who, unbeknown to the others, was a high-security prisoner before the virus hit. This brave new world brings an opportunity for new beginnings, but also terrible dangers – not just the daily struggle for food and water, but also a deadly threat from other survivors.
Tonight is also a 57-minute Bill Maher…But I’m Not Working special on HBO at 10/9c.
Finally, tonight is night 2 of 17 of the Olympic Winter Games 2010 on NBC at 8/7c.
Also on tonight:
- *Series Premiere* – Survivors (#101-120) – BBC America @ 8/7c (2-Hour Series Premiere)
- *Special* – Bill Maher…But I’m Not Working – HBO @ 10/9c (57-Minute Special)
- *Special* – Olympic Winter Games 2010 – NBC @ 8/7c (Night 2 of 17)
- *New* – How Do I Look? (#617) – Style Network @ 8/7c
- *New* – It’s Me or the Dog (#411-60) – Animal Planet @ 9/8c
- *New* – Legend of the Seeker (#211 – Syndicated, So Check Local Listings For Network & Time)
- *New* – The Outdoor Room with Jamie Durie – HGTV @ 9/8c
- *New* – Underdog to Wonderdog (#206) – Animal Planet @ 8/7c
- *New* – What I Hate About Me (#107) – Style Network @ 9/8c