Saturday is the series premiere of Chef Race on BBC America at 10/9c. From executive producer Jamie Oliver, the show pits 16 chefs, eight Brits versus eight Americans, against each other as they race across the country in the hopes of winning a grand prize of $100,000 dollars. Michelin-starred London restaurateur, Richard Corrigan (Masterchef), serves as a mentor and judge and Claire Robinson (5 Ingredient Fix) hosts the new BBC AMERICA original series. The race begins on the Santa Monica Pier in Los Angeles, where Team U.K. and Team U.S. are stripped of their cash and credit cards and challenged to cook to survive, cook to prosper and cook to win. In the 10 one-hour episodes, the teams battle coast to coast from Los Angeles to New York City, with the chefs living off their culinary skills and business savvy to survive and make it to their next destination. In the beginning, they will work as teams and cook to turn a profit. The team with the biggest profit moves on and the losing team faces elimination, but in the end, there will only be one winner.
Also on tonight:
- *Series Premiere* – Chef Race (#101) – BBC America @ 10/9c
- *Season Premiere* – Star Wars: The Clone Wars (#501) – Cartoon Network @ 9:30AM/8:30AMc
- *New* – Bayou Billionaires (#204/205) – CMT @ 9/8c & 9:30/8:30c (2 New Episodes)
- *New* – Doctor Who (#705) – BBC America @ 9/8c (Fall Finale)
- *New* – Redneck Rehab (#103) – CMT @ 10/9c