Saturday is the series premiere of Wild West on BBC America at 9/8c. Welcome to America’s Wild West. A picturesque land with a litany of characters including the shrewd coyote, the feisty hummingbird, the mighty blue whale, and the spirited mustang. The “Wild West” documentary explores this fascinating area of the continent, revealing how three radically different worlds were formed, the forces that shape them today, and how life has found brave and enterprising ways to survive. Discover the gritty, tough deserts, the cool grand mountains, and the dynamic and changeable coasts. Home to a vibrant cast of tricksters, pioneers, and outlaws, the series also finds out how people have survived in this harsh environment over the years. Beginning with the examination of Native American cave art, Wild West moves through the ghost towns of past pioneers and on to today – where the land is used for both business and pleasure. Wild West will shine a light on the landscapes, wildlife and people of this vibrant world in new and compelling ways.
Tonight is also the 2-hour season premiere of Halt and Catch Fire on AMC at 9/8c.
Also on tonight:
- *Series Premiere* – Wild West (#101) – BBC America @ 9/8c
- *Season Premiere* – Halt and Catch Fire (#401/402) – AMC @ 9/8c (2-Hour Season Premiere)
- *New* – Cold Justice (#405) – Oxygen @ 8/7c
- *New* – Live PD – A&E @ 9/8c (3-Hour New Episode)
- *New* – The Dead Files (#809) – Travel Channel @ 10/9c