Saturday is the series premiere of Magical Girl Friendship Squad on Syfy at 12AM/11PMc. When a little red panda named Nut (Ana Gasteyer, Suburgatory, Grease: Live, Saturday Night Live) arrives in the apartment of two directionless twenty-somethings and gives them the ability to transform into badass magical girls, Alex (Quinta Brunson, The End of the World As We Know It, Jazor Wulf) and Daisy (Anna Akana) are forced to get their shit together in order to save the Universe from otherworldly threats. Through a journey of love and friendship and with the help of their magical objects (birth control and a bong), Alex and Daisy learn to wield their new powers and protect their mysterious panda friend who claims to be the creator of the Universe. It also stars Christine Baranski (The Good Wife, The Good Fight), Daisy Hobbs, Eric Bauza, Helen Hong, Jamie Loftus, Jason Mantzoukas (Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Invincible), Manny Jacinto (The Good Place), Matteo Lane, Paget Brewster (Criminal Minds, Grandfathered, Down Dog), Patti Harrison, Sarah “Squirm” Sherman, Stephanie Sheh, Taylor Ortega (Kim Possible, This Country), & Vella Lovell (Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Mr. Mayor).
Tonight is also the series premiere of Wild Life on Syfy at 12:15AM/11:15PMc. This is a comedy about a gang of zoo animal friends hanging out after the apocalypse. There’s the pacifist cheetah Glenn (John Reynolds), bubbly dolphin Marny (Claudia O’Doherty), hyper fox Hudson (Baron Vaughn, Canned, Fairly Legal, Grace and Frankie), psychedelic koala Darby (Reggie Watts, Taskmaster, Comedy Bang! Bang!, Bad Advice from My Brother), self-care loving panda Debbie (SkittLeZ Ortiz) and energy drink-guzzling sloth Viv (Natalie Palamides). Together, they come up with elaborate schemes to entertain themselves and just keep from going insane. From taking trips to a mutant-infested mall for hood ornaments to stumbling upon an old broadcast studio and creating their own shows, these critters are always up to something.
Tonight is also the TV movie Love at Look Lodge on Hallmark at 9/8c. Lily (Clark Backo), an activities director at a cozy mountain hotel, is tasked with helping a handsome workaholic, Noah (Jonathan Keltz), finish planning his sister’s wedding. Determined to make the wedding a success, Lily spends quality time with Noah in order to show him what really matters in life — LOVE!
Also on tonight:
- *Series Premiere* – Magical Girl Friendship Squad (#101) – Syfy @ 12AM/11PMc
- *Series Premiere* – Wild Life (#101) – Syfy @ 12:15AM/11:15PMc
- *Special* – Behind Closed Doors – Reelz @ 8/7c (2-Hour Special)
- *Special* – Love at Look Lodge – Hallmark @ 9/8c
- *New* – Dr Jeff: Rocky Mountain Vet (#615) – Animal Planet @ 9/8c
- *New* – Help! I Wrecked My House (#102) – HGTV @ 8/7c
- *New* – Hidden Potential – HGTV @ 9/8c
- *New* – I Quit (#107) – Discovery Channel @ 10/9c
- *New* – License to Kill (#208) – Oxygen @ 6/5c
- *New* – Live Rescue – A&E @ 9/8c
- *New* – The Incredible Dr. Pol (#1712) – Nat Geo WILD @ 9/8c