Saturday is the series premiere of Aaron Hernandez’s Killing Fields on Reelz Channel at 8/7c, followed by a 2nd new episode at 9/8c and the series finale at 10/9c. Aaron Hernandez was an NFL star who played for the fabled the New England Patriots and made it all the way to the Super Bowl. He was on the verge of signing a $40 million deal with the Patriots before it all unraveled after he became embroiled in the most high-profile celebrity murder case since O.J. Simpson. Aaron Hernandez’s Killing Fields reveals the true story behind his shocking and short life with a team of professional investigators uncovering startling new evidence as they attempt to answer why a millionaire NFL superstar with a fiancé and a baby could become a convicted cold-blooded killer. Homicide detective Michele Wood, undercover investigator Don Jackson and veteran NYC police detective with more than 30 years of experience Bo Dietl come together to uncover the hidden truths in Hernandez’s story. Also interviewed is Hernandez’s childhood friend Dennis Sansoucie along with gang members and drug dealers who paint a picture of who Hernandez really was and why he chose a life of crime.
Tonight is also the series premiere of Seven Worlds, One Planet on BBC America at 9/8c. The show tells the story of earth’s seven spectacular continents and how they shape the extraordinary animal behavior and biodiversity we see today. Narrated by Sir David Attenborough, and featuring a theme co-composed by Hans Zimmer and Jacob Shea, and series score by Jacob Shea for Bleeding Fingers Music, the show reveals how each distinct continent has shaped the unique animal life found there. The seven-part series features filming firsts including polar bears jumping from rocks to catch adult beluga whales and a firefly spectacle in North America captured with a motion control tracking time-lapse camera, puma successfully hunting adult guanaco in South America, spidaboo mating dance in Australia, grave robbing hamsters in Europe, the largest aggregation of great whales ever filmed in Antarctica and Sir David Attenborough with the last two northern white rhinos on Earth in Africa.
Also on tonight:
- *Series Premiere* – Aaron Hernandez’s Killing Fields (#101/102/103) – Reelz Channel @ 8/7c, 9/8c, & 10/9c (3 New Episodes Including Series Premiere & Series Finale)
- *Series Premiere* – Seven Worlds, One Planet (#101) – BBC America @ 9/8c
- *New* – Criminal Confessions (#307) – Oxygen @ 6/5c
- *New* – Family or Fiance (#202) – OWN @ 9/8c
- *New* – Haunted Hospitals (#203) – Travel Channel @ 10/9c
- *New* – Killer Affair (#111) – Oxygen @ 7/6c
- *New* – Live PD – A&E @ 9/8c (3-Hour New Episode)
- *New* – Overhaulin’ (#1009) – MotorTrend @ 3:01AM/2:01AMc
- *New* – Pit Bulls & Parolees – Animal Planet @ 9/8c
- *New* – Say Yes to the Dress America (#103) – TLC @ 8/7c